Thursday, May 28, 2015

Lloyd Has Woken Up


Not only has Lloyd woken up from his long sleep, but he is being a serious jerk. My scan last week showed growth along the bottom edge. This means that opening my head up for another removal isn’t an option this time—it’s too far in/down. Right now we are discussing with the doctors how to proceed. It is likely that I will take chemo for two months, see how I react, and then decide whether to try to keep me on for an entire year.  Another option might be a second round of radiation. We have an appointment with Dr. K next week to see what he thinks.

In the midst of all this, we are making some other changes. We are moving closer to my family, just north of where we now are, up in Peach Bottom, PA. None of this means I’m throwing in the towel, it just means that I want to be around my family when I feel like crud this time. Mark needs a hand, and it will be better to have a group in place. Also, my parents have a pool ;)

Mark and I have many friends and loved ones spread around the country. We don’t feel like we’ve lost any of you. Or, for that matter, will lose anyone by moving (for the 27th time). We will have a home to invite friends to, and the strength and support we feel we need.

I will be writing again when we know more about stupid Lloyd and the direction we take.

Love, 

Kristina (&Mark)

1 comment:

Kristina Wadia said...

I didn't mention my sister! Not just my parents, but my sister and her family will be with me. Love you, Kel❤️