Thursday, November 5, 2015

Fall is Delightful


Fall has very stridently taken over our world here, and the wildlife stalls my typing. Our new home has a large surrounding yard that is all ours, something we've never had before! We also have a bunny who isn't really afraid of us. She likes to roll onto her back so her tummy catches sunshine during naps.

Moving on to me, I'm doing pretty darn well. I had my second post-radiation MRI two weeks ago and my brain still looks like mush. That is because everything is still calming down inside- the same system of zap, wait, check later happened three years ago. This is NOT BAD. Everything in my head is big and puffy from zaps, but it will get better with time. My head doesn't hurt so I am not even on steroids this time.

Dr. G ran me through a couple of the usual tests but really just wanted to see how my brain felt. I'm doing a little better, surprisingly! I won't throw my list at you, but some things have improved. I don't have to go back until the first week of 2016! Whoop!

Mark read aloud for us, "The Martian." My mother and sister discovered Belvedere Square Market with me on a visit. Now Mark and I cannot stay away! We'll be traveling to Boston for Thanksgiving with family and friends. And I've finally unpacked my jewelry making equipment. It's been a long time. Oh!  I nearly forgot to tell you that some of my hair is growing back :)

In the time it took for me to write this, the bird bowl is emptied. The cardinals and doves are on the ground picking up the droppings. I feel good. I feel better than normal, because I lead a exceptionally good life. May we all have a wonderful season.

Love, Kristina (&Mark)




       

No comments: