Sunday, February 7, 2016

I'm Back

I am home and happy! Last Thursday, after 2 weeks, my fantastic surgeon showed us images of the area resected and he got a good deal of the tumor tissue, much of which had been killed by the radiation. This is wonderful! I thank EVERYONE for thinking of me and wishing us well!!!

Now I'll tell you about the last two weeks- hard! Lol! So many drugs, got a horrible rash everywhere. And my face has turned round and puffy! I sleep 3-4 hours/night. AND: several nights ago I suddenly lost my ability to speak. Truly! I used my hands as best I could, and Mark is fantastic. The day after I was put back on some anti-inflamatory medicine. I can now talk again and I'm improving daily.

I say these things, but I am well overall. The bulk of the tumor has been taken away, again, since 2008! I am so happy and taking things easy, recovering. I thank you for your thoughts and support! I feel good and thanks to my doctors I am going strong!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Love, Kristina (&Mark)

6 comments:

Sue said...

Thats wonderful news. Hang in there
u 2. Sue miller

Gary Wunder said...

God seems always to give you an uphill walk, but wow how you walk it. Thank you so much for the update, and I think God for every day you are alive and bless the world.

Gary Wunder said...


This blogging site doesn't like me. It tries to throw me out with Captchas. Keep on being the shining star you are. Thank you for keeping us updated, for always walking uphill, and for doing it in such style!

Unknown said...

Think of you and your family often. Hoping everything goes well and you get a miracle cure. Meantime, you do walk the walk with a smile on your face. Your courage is inspiring to everyone. Big hug attached.

Unknown said...

Kristina, we are praying for you, for all of your family and especially for all the doctors working with you. Rick has asked all of the clients at Carter House (mental health clubhouse) for prayers for you. He is really concerned. I think partly because he has just had a rough week, he hurt all over. Finally they gave him some pain meds at the ER and he was pain free in 20 minute. The last 2 weeks he has taken 2 motrin about every 24 to 36 hours. It keeps him pain free. The ER doc told Rick and I that he does not have meningitis, it is not his shunt (CAT scan is almost identical to one taken after surgery in October 2013), it is muscular but he can't say why he hurt all over.

Unknown said...

Are you home yet Kriss? How are you doing? Inquiring minds want to know :)